Tuesday, May 20, 2014



What has shocked me?

"The things two people do to each other they remember. If they stay together, it's not because they forget; it's because they forgive." - Unknown 


One thing that has really shocked me in my short 16 years of life, is that my uncle gave my grandpa a kidney. That is something I cant fully understand. Why would you take such a vital piece of you, and give it to someone else? What makes a person worthy of such a gift? I can only imagine how much love my uncle had for his dad. Maybe i'm just a cold hearted person. I mean if it was my mom I would donate anything I could give. She's the women that gave birth to me, and that cared for my every need. That level of love is unreal. Although I wonder what my uncle was thinking when he was laying down on the cold metal operating table. Was he thinking "This sucks, I don't want to do this" or "I love my dad so much and he deserves this". I think I may just be a selfish person, maybe that's why I don't understand. I guess i'm a shitty human being. I just cant fathom giving up apart of you for someone else. Growing up without a dad might've hardened my feelings of sympathy. It sucked not having someone there to teach me things young men should know. Like how to tie a tie or how to bait a hook. I honestly don't know if I would give my dad a vital organ necessary for life. In my mind you have to give a little to get a little. Ask yourself, would you give your father such a vital gift if he's been absent for 80% of your 16 years of life. I don't believe it makes me a selfish person but a person that's pissed off. But then forgiveness is bliss. Maybe I should bury the hatchet and be the bigger man. He does deserve this not because he is my dad but because I can find the forgivness in my heart to forgive him. Life tosses you obstacles but in this obstacle I have to forgive and forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment